The following steps will describe the process for exporting a previously generated certificate request on the Tivoli Integrated Portal (TIP) 2.2 for Impact or OMNIbus. This may work with other versions of TIP as well, but I have only tried it on TIP 2.2.
Before this step you must have already:
After this step you will need to:
- Import CA Signed Certificates into TIP 2.2.
- Import the CA Chain Certificates into TIP 2.2.
- Replace the default SSL certificate for your Portal.
Export a previously generated certificate request:
- Log into the TIP Administrative Console. By default this is https://<myhost>:16316/ibm/console. Alternatively, you can log into TIP and go to settings > Websphere Administrative Console > Launch Websphere administrative console.
- Expand Security and click on SSL certificate and key management.
- Click on Key stores and certificates.
- Click on the keystore where you generated the request.
- Click on Personal certificate requests.
- Check the box next to your new request and click extract.
- Enter a file name. i.e. /tmp/mycertrequest.p12
- Click Apply.
- Download the file you just created in step 7. The entire contents of that file are your request and can be forwarded to your certificate authority according to their procedures for requesting a certificate.
Guarding your IT Experience!