The following steps will describe the process for enabling your new SSL Certificates for use in SSL Encryption replacing the Default SSL Certificate on the Tivoli Integrated Portal (TIP) 2.2 for Impact or OMNIbus. This may work with other versions of TIP as well, but I have only tried it on TIP 2.2.
Before this step you will need to:
- Generate a Certificate Request on TIP 2.2.
- Import CA Signed Certificates into TIP 2.2.
- Import the CA Chain Certificates into TIP 2.2.
Enable the CA Signed SSL Certificate and replace the default SSL Certificate
- Log into the TIP Administrative Console. By default this is https://<myhost>:16316/ibm/console. Alternatively, you can log into TIP and go to settings > Websphere Administrative Console > Launch Websphere administrative console.
- Expand Security and click on SSL certificate and key management.
- Click on Manage endpoint security configurations.
- Click on your Inbound Node, in this case, Inbound > TIPCell > nodes > TIPNode(NodeDefaultSSLSettings.null).
- Select <mycert> from the Certificate alias in key store drop box.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save.
Now you should be able to log into your TIP environment and click on the lock in your browser and view your new certificate.
Guarding your IT Experience!